Campaigns and Events
Every year our members organise and campaign around:
- International Day to End Violence Against Sex Workers – 17 December
- International Sex Workers’ Rights Day – 3 March
- International Sex Workers’ Day – 2 June
Other local and international campaigns are organised when sex workers voices need to be heard around health and human rights issues.
NSWP also organises around international events:
- International AIDS Conference (IAC) - NSWP works in partnership with local members to coordinate sex workers participation in the IACs and produces guides to support sex workers submitting abstracts and Global Village activity proposals as well as organising the sex workers networking zone.
- International Harm Reduction Conference (IHRC) – NSWP provides information about opportunities for sex workers to participate in the IHRC.
All documents and publications from previous campaigns and events are archived in the website and can be found by using the search feature and entering in key words.
The Red Umbrella March is part of a national day of action, with events in cities across Canada, including London, Montreal, Ottawa, Québec City, Saint John's, Sault Ste Marie, Toronto, Vancouver, Victoria and Winnipeg.
The Red Umbrella March is organized by the following Vancouver groups: Triple-X Workers' Solidarity Association of B.C., Downtown Eastside Sex Workers United Against Violence, Pivot Legal Society, Providing Alternatives, Counselling and Education Society, B.C. Coalition of Experiential Communities, FIRST: Feminists Advocating for the Decriminalization of Sex Work.
Hosted by Scarlet Alliance member organisations: SIN and SWAGGERR
Tuesday 2nd June at 2pm, Parliament House Steps on North Terrace.
Help us call on South Australian Parliament to Decriminalise Sex Work Now!