The International AIDS Conference is the largest conference on any global health or development issue in the world. It continues to provide a unique forum for the intersection of science, advocacy, and human rights. The 22nd International AIDS Conference (AIDS2018) will be hosted in Amsterdam, Netherlands, 23-27 July 2018.
NSWP and our members are promoting meaningful participation and visibility of sex workers at AIDS2018. NSWP encourages sex worker-led organisations to get involved with the range of events at AIDS2018. This document covers the ways sex workers can get involved.
The document covers:
- Sex Worker Pre-Meeting
- Sex Worker Activities Planned for AIDS2018
- Sex Worker Networking Zone in the Global Village
- Booths in the Global Village
- Workshop in the Global Village
- Satellite session
- Sex Worker Party
- Art and Performance Advocacy
- Scholarship Programme and Abstract Submission (if you want to attend AIDS2018 but have not secured funding to do so, please see section 3 of the document or the IAC website for details of available scholarships).
We will send out regular updates prior to the conference to encourage sex workers to get involved. During the conference we hope to send a daily digest from AIDS2018, which you can subscribe to here.
If you have further questions about AIDS2018 please don’t hesitate to contact us: AIDS2018@nswp.org; Tel: +44 131 553 2555.