The report suggests that direct involvement and participation of sex workers themselves in the design, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of the intervention programmes, as well as provision of leadership by sex workers, remains the greatest approach the organisations have recorded in their successes. Issues highlighted in the report include an understanding of the legal position of sex work, HIV programming access by sex workers, human rights violations of sex workers, the interventions by the organisations, the challenges faced by the organisations, and recommendations.
Good Practice in Sex Worker-Led HIV Programming in Africa
- Executive Summary
- Case Study 1, Kenya: Bar Hostess Empowerment and Support Programme
- Case Study 2, Cameroon: AIDS ACODEV Cameroon
- Case Study 3, South Africa: Sisonke
- Case Study 4, Uganda: WONETHA
- Conclusion and Recommendations
You can download this resource as a 30-page PDF above. This resource is in English.