This briefing paper has been developed in line with the NSWP priority to focus on and highlight the needs and rights of male sex workers. This paper presents an overview of some of the main issues faced by male sex workers (MSW) globally and highlights some of the advocacy and activism efforts by male sex worker communities that have challenged these issues. A 7 page summary is also available.
- Male Sex Workers - A Diverse Group
- The Issues and Needs of Male Sex Workers
- Socio-Legal Contexts Around Sex Work and Homosexuality
- Access to Sexual and Reproductive Health Services
- Violence, Legal Protection and Access to Justive
- Community Mobilising and Advocacy for the Rights of Male Sex Workers
- Conclusions and Recommendations
This paper is intended for those who make policy, design and implement programmes, and work directly with MSW in the hope of increasing awareness and understanding of the multiple realities and needs of this community. This paper is also intended as an advocacy tool for NSWP member groups to utilise in their attempts to raise awareness across the world of the needs of MSW and advocate for their rights from the grassroots community level to global forums for change.
You can download this 10-page PDF above. This resource is in English.