This is a Community Guide to the Advocacy Toolkit: The Real Impact of the Swedish Model on Sex Workers, a collection of papers on the harmful Swedish model. It can be used to challenge the widespread promotion of this detrimental legal and political approach to the regulation of sex work.
- Sweden’s Abolitionist Understanding, and Modes of Silencing Opposition
- Impacts of the Sex Purchase Law: Street- Based Sex Work and Levels of Sex Work
- Impacts of the Swedish Model’s Justifying Discourses on Service Provision
- Impacts of Other Legislation and Policy – The Danger of Seeing the Swedish Model in a Vacuum
- Right to Work and Other Work-Related Human Rights
- Sex work and the Right to Health
- Sex Work and Arbitrary Interference with Families
- Sex Work and Violence: Obligations of the State
You can download this 13-page PDF above. This resource is available in English, Chinese, French, Spanish and Russian.