This briefing paper explains how sex work is conflated with trafficking; the legal framework; how demand for sex work is conflated with trafficking; the dangers of conflating trafficking with sex work, its impacts on sex workers’ lives and work; the impact on sex worker programming; and offers some recommendations for policy makers, donors and for civil society. A summary is also available.
- How sex work has been conflated with trafficking
- Legal frameworks
- Demand for sex work conflated with trafficking
- The impact on sex workers
- Work interrupted
- Security and protection
- Assumed complicity
- Restrictions on freedom to travel
- Impact on other workers
- Impact on programming of sex worker organisations
- Fighting anti-trafficking groups
- Sex workers' contributions to ending exploitative workplace practices
You can download this 12-page PDF above. This resource is in English.