This ‘Smart Sex Workers’ Guide’ provides an overview of the advocacy tools and interventions used by sex worker-led organisations globally to combat violence against sex workers. It builds on the guidance provided in ‘Addressing Violence Against Sex Workers’, chapter 2 of the Sex Worker Implementation Tool (SWIT). This resource may be useful with designing programmes, tools and other approaches to addressing violence.
- What is Violence Against Sex Workers?
- Core Values and Principles for Addressing Violence Against Sex Workers
- Advocacy Tools and Resources to Combat Violence
- Strategy 1: Supporting and Empowering Sex Workers Against Violence
- Strategy 2: Educating and Holding Perpetrators of Violence Accountable
- Strategy 3: Documenting Violence for Policy Change
- Funding to Combat Violence
- Case Studies
- Challenges to combatting Violence Against Sex Workers
You can download this 38 page resource above. This resource is available in English, and it will be available in Chinese, French, Russian, and Spanish soon.