The Smart Service Provider’s Guide to ICT and Sex Work is a resource for service providers who want to better understand how Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) have impacted sex workers and the prevention of HIV. This guide identifies good and bad practice for development and implementing ICT outreach services, based on consultation with sex workers and NSWP member organisations.
- Literature Review
- Consultation with Sex Workers
- Key Findings
- The Increase in ICT use by Sex Workers
- How has ICT Changed Sex Work?
- Changes in Working Venues
- Recruiting Clients
- Screening Clients
- Difference in ICT use Amongst Sex Workers
- Advantages and Disadvantages of ICT for Sex Workers
- Impact on Safety
- Impact on Police Harassment, Abuse, and Violence
- Impact on Client Harassment, Abuse, and Violence
- Impact on Privacy and Confidentiality
- Impact on Independence
- Impact on Other Aspects of Business
- Impact on Social Cohesion
- Impact on HIV/STI Vulnerability
- ICT-Mediated Services for Sex Workers
- Recommendations for Service Providers
You can download this 26 page PDF above. This resource will be available in Chinese, French, Russian, and Spanish soon.