In Kampala, Uganda, there is a large network of sex worker-led organisations that unite under the umbrella organisation Uganda Harmonized Rights Alliance (UHRA). Paula Pönkänen and Hanna Jörneus argue that sex work organising in Uganda is a great example of how sex workers develop and implement their own programming. They provide an overview of sex worker-led programming in Kampala. This article was published as a part of Research for Sex Work 15: Resistance and Resilience.
- The growth of Sex Worker-led Organisations
- Relationship with Management
- Relationship with Neighbours
- Relationship with the Health Care System
- Relationship with the Law
This resource is useful for sex workers interested in learning about sex work organising in Uganda.
You can download this 5 page PDF above. This resource is available in English and French.