A new database, devised by feminists from around the world, has been developed to track COVID-19 responses and uplift the collective action of feminists globally.
Created by organisations and activists, working across global movements centered on human rights, sustainable development, and economic and social justice, their website outlines key principles for a just and resilient recovery from the ongoing global pandemic.
The key principles are:
- COVID-19 responses must centre the well-being of all people in an intersectional manner.
- COVID-19 responses must ensure the health and safety of all, including ensuring sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- COVID-19 responses must promote a comprehensive paradigm shift, relying on adequate and equitable financing.
- COVID-19 responses must be based on and strengthen democratic values.
- COVID-19 responses must promote a just and equitable transition for people and planet.
- COVID-19 responses must be guided by cooperation, multilateralism and global justice.
“Cross-cutting to all these principles is the promotion, protection and fulfillment of human rights and gender equality. Human rights and their fundamental principles, including the principles of universality, inalienability, interdependence, indivisiblity, equality, non-discrimination, non-derogation and accountability, must guide all actions taken in response to COVID-19.”
Read more detailed points on each of these principles and view global COVID-19 responses on the Feminist Response To COVID-19 website.