This paper summarises and reports on research involving documenting womens labour migration and occurances of trafficking, focusing on women in Bangladesh, Kolkata, Mumbai, and Kuwait.
The research is detailed in the following sections:
- Research Problems, including trafficking & agency
- Research Objectives
- Means by which research was done
- Characteristics of migrant women (including education, age, marital status, occupation, and countries)
- Migration to the Middle East
- Recruiters and manpower agents
- Bangladeshi women in Kolkata brothels
- Bar Work in Mumbai
- Conclusions and suggestions for policy change to reduce trafficking and abuse due to migration laws.
You can download this 211 page PDF resource above. This resource is in English.