This resource offers a succinct introduction to the Bedford v. Canada Supreme Court case. Bedford v. Canada challenges three anti-sex work laws in Canada which prevent sex workers from engaging in safety measures that would make their work safer. The appellants in the care are challenging the constitutionality of the communicating, brothel keeping, and living off the avails provisions in the Criminal Code of Canada. They say these laws violate their right to Life, Liberty, and Security of the Person as guaranteed in the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
- What is Bedford v. Canada?
- The Basis for Bedford v. Canada
- Legal Arguments in Bedford v. Canada
- Court Decisions in Bedford v. Canada
- Interveners in Bedford v. Canada
You can download this 6-page PDF above. This resource is in English.