Society for Women Awareness Nepal (SWAN) submitted this shadow report during the 71st CEDAW Session, which took place October-November 2018. The report elaborates on the situation of cisgender and transgender women who are sex workers in Nepal. It focuses on the social justice and health issues that sex workers in Nepal face.
SWAN also produced a detailed report on their experiences engaging with the CEDAW committee, which can be downloaded above.
- Discrimination against Women, State Obligation, and Equal Participation
- Discrimination in Law and Policies
- Police Violence and Misconduct
- Negative Stereotypes
- Humiliation by Society
- Humiliation by State
- Behaviour of Health Workers
- Expenses in Blood Test and Medication
You can download these 14-page and 10-page reports above. They are available in English.