This Smart Guide aims to provide NSWP members with increased understanding of CEDAW and its potential for use in advocacy work. The Guide is the result of collaboration between NSWP and the International Women’s Rights Action Watch Asia Pacific (IWRAW-AP).
- What is CEDAW?
- Why is CEDAW important for the sex workers’ rights movement?
- How to engage with CEDAW and the review process
- Sex workers’ rights under CEDAW
- The right to equal protection of the law and freedom from discrimination
- Freedom from Violence
- Right to work
- Right to privacy and freedom from arbitrary interference
- Right to health
- Right to marriage and family life
- Right to economic and social security
You can download this 28-page resource above. This resource is available in Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish.