Project X, Singapore, with support from NSWP, submitted this shadow report to the 68th CEDAW Session, which took place October-November 2017. The report focuses on the various human rights abuses and discrimination. In particular, it focuses on the ambiguous legal framework governing sex work in Singapore and the impact it has on women’s lives.
- Laws on sex work in Singapore
- Work conditions for licensed sex workers
- Work conditions for unlicensed sex workers
- Police violence and misconduct
- Unfair or discriminatory arrest practices
- Media portrayals
- Issues specific to transgender sex workers
- Police Violence
- Testimonies of licensed migrant sex workers
- Testimonies of unlicensed sex workers
Their submission may be useful for sex workers who are interested in submitting their own report to CEDAW once their country is reviewed. It is also useful for those interested in learning more about Singapore’s framework for licensing sex workers and it’s impact on them.
You can download this 16 page PDF above. This resource is available in English.