REAL: Resources, Education, Advocacy for Local Sex Work (formerly STREET) in collaboration with Dr. Stacey Hannem have published a report entitled Let's Talk About Sex Work: Report of the REAL working group for Brantford, Haldimand, & Norfolk, Assessing the Needs of Sex Workers in Our Community. This report addresses the needs of rural-based sex workers in Ontario, Canada under Canada's anti-sex work legislation introduced in December 2014. They interviewed 30 sex workers and 12 social service and health service providers.
- Executive Summary
- Positioning the Research
- Understanding the Individual and Structural Realities of Sex Work
- Understanding Everyday Experiences of Sex Work
- Sex Workers' Experiences with the Law and Law Enforcement
- Sex Workers' Experiences Accessing Services
- Conclusions and Recommendations
This resource is useful because sex work research in Canada often focuses on the needs and challenges of urban sex workers, and this research provides the insights of rural sex workers.
You can download this 60 page PDF above. This resource is in English.