This ‘Smart Sex Workers’ Guide’ provides an overview of the advocacy tools and interventions used by sex worker-led organisations globally to combat violence against sex workers. It builds on the guidance provided in ‘Addressing Violence Against Sex Workers’, chapter 2 of the Sex Worker Implementation Tool (SWIT). This resource may be useful with designing programmes, tools and other approaches to addressing violence.
- What is Violence Against Sex Workers?
- Core Values and Principles for Addressing Violence Against Sex Workers
- Advocacy Tools and Resources to Combat Violence
- Strategy 1: Supporting and Empowering Sex Workers Against Violence
- Strategy 2: Educating and Holding Perpetrators of Violence Accountable
- Strategy 3: Documenting Violence for Policy Change
- Funding to Combat Violence
- Case Studies
- Challenges to combatting Violence Against Sex Workers
You can download this 38 page resource above. This resource is available in Chinese, English, French, Russian, and Spanish.