This article documents the experiences and working conditions of women who travel periodically from their countries to Istanbul to undertake sex work, and discusses the policy debates failure to address the poor living conditions of migrant sex workers by addressing abusive and restrictive immigration policies, and by decriminalising undocumented sex work.
It includes sections on:
- The New Migration: Women in the Global Economy
- Debates Surrounding Sex Work: Voluntary versus Forced
- Migrant Sex Work in Turkey
- Experiences of Migrant Sex Workers in Turkey
- Voluntary or Forced? Trafficking or Migration? Implications for Policy Change.
You can download this 11 page PDF resource above. This resource is in English.