Working Together is a guide to increase and improve the meaningful involvement of the community sector, including key population networks, local NGOs, ASOs, and networks of people living with HIV, in all aspects of national HIV responses, with an emphasis on national planning and decision-making processes.
The guide offers evidence of the vital role communities play in action on HIV and argues for their inclusion, as well as heightened material support to strengthen their coordination, consultation, representation and capacity to engage.
- Defining meaningful involvement
- Key opportunities for meaningful involvement
- Ways to strengthen involvement:
- communication and consultation with the community sector
- identifying and advocating for community sector priorities
- selecting and strengthening representation
- building partnerships
- addressing crises
- monitoring and evaluation.
This guide is of use to sex worker organisations working on or interested in working on HIV at the national level. It is also useful for other stakeholders such as governments, donors and private sector wanting to learn about and support meaningful involvement of the community sector.
You can download this 70 page PDF above. This resource is available in English.