Contact: Kholi Buthelezi
Tel +27 21 448-7875 or +27732479623
Sisonke is a movement of sex workers, by sex workers. It has offices in 4 provinces, based in partnership organisations, and its primary focus is on mobilising sex workers to speak out on issues of importance to them.
Sisonke works with female, male and transgender sex workers in full favour of decriminalisation of sex work, capacitating sex workers free legal and paralegal advice, counselling referrals, outreach consisting of health and legal services and distribution of condoms, safe sex and human rights library materials.
Court support, creative space, campaigns,attending Sisonke public events
1. Harassment by law enforcement agencies i.e. South African Police Service
2. Stigma and discrimination - society, law enforcement agencies
- Human rights defence
- Leadership and capacity building
- Advocacy for decriminalisation
- Institution building through development and strengthening of provincial offices and national office