NSWP is seeking to develop infographic and audio-visual formats of our key advocacy tools to expand the accessibility of NSWP resources and support global campaigns and the advocacy work of regional networks and member organisations in campaigning for the rights of female, male and transgender sex workers and amplifying the voices of sex workers globally. If budget allows, we would want to create both infographics and audio-visual resources for each of advocacy tools with decisions being made in collaboration with the successful candidate/s.
Scope of work
NSWP will consider applications from individual infographic artists and animators or a team interested in working together and the successful applicant/s will be expected to:
- work closely with the NSWP Communications and Policy Team (and member organisations dependent upon funding available) in developing the infographic and audio-visual advocacy resources and digital promotional materials.
- work closely with NSWP community translation teams (Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) where text, voice overs or subtitles are required.
Deliverables, budget & deadline:
NSWP will agree the number of NSWP advocacy tools to be adapted and infographics and audio-visual resources required with the successful candidate/s dependent upon proposed costs submitted. NSWP has a budget of £9,000 for infographics and £9,000 for audio-visual resources in this initial phase. All work must be completed by Monday, 30 November 2020.
- experience working on sex worker and/or human rights and a commitment to amplifying the voices of sex workers
- experience working with grassroots communities in developing powerful advocacy tools.
- demonstrable ability to create strong infographics and audio-visual resources, including animated videos, for advocacy purposes.
- experience working under pressure and to demanding deadlines, but delivering high quality materials.
Please see the full Terms of Reference below for the position.
INTERESTED? To apply, please send a letter of interest setting out your interest and relevant experience and include your proposed daily rate, a breakdown of what could be provided within the current budget available, and links to examples of your previous work to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 28 September 2020.
NSWP values diversity and encourages applications from sex workers and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. As a sex worker-led organisation, priority will be given to suitably qualified applicants who have sex work experience.
NOTE FOR INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS: NSWP, as a global member-based organisation, welcomes applications from people worldwide. However, as a small non-governmental organisation, we are not licensed as a sponsoring employer with the UK Home Office for international recruitment. If you are based in the UK NSWP is legally obliged to ask for documentation to validate your right to work in the UK. Applicants based abroad are employed as consultants based in their home countries who will be expected to work remotely. All successful applicants will be asked to provide two pieces of identification as proof of identity and residential address to enable NSWP to meet UK audit regulations.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday 28 September 2020 @ 23.59 hours BST.